OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for a Homepage Editor. You are responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app. You will select and choose story placements, write clickable headlines, and choose interesting art for our front pages. You’re a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM), or TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage
- Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
- Headline test all placements on both homepages
- Coordinate and collaborate with the photo desk on art for the homepage, including photo illustrations and montages
- Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
- Write breaking news banners and continually update breaking news headlines
- Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of newsroom experience
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
- Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
- The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, creative, demanding, and competitive newsroom environment is crucial
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.