OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is seeking an On-Campus Multiplatform Video Producer/Editor (MVPE) at the Purdue University. The MVPE will support the ideation, creation, and on-site production of Purdue Athletics content across BTN platforms, with a focus on digital and social media opportunities. You will report directly to the Chicago-based Manager of Digital, and you will be based in West Lafayette, Indiana.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and deliver year-round Purdue Athletics video content for BTN’s social, digital, and broadcast channels
- Collaborate with Manager of Digital and Content Coordinators to produce video segments for digital and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok)
- Use sound editorial judgement and BTN/Purdue viewer trends to produce content/highlights to serve a Purdue audience
- Perform pre/post video production optimized for social media sharing
- Ensure all content aligns with brand standards – consistent in style, quality, and voice
- Shoot, edit, and produce long-form storytelling content for BTN’s Crossover Franchise including On The Mat (wrestling), At The Net (volleyball), On The Ice (hockey), On The Court (women’s basketball), and At The Plate (baseball/softball) series on all platforms
- Cover real-time breaking Prudue Athletics news and live sporting events
- Act as BTN’s digital advocate within the Purdue Athletics Department (Communications, Social Media, and Video Teams) for seamless editorial integration
- Occasionally execute duties of field producer on ENG shoots
- Manage video inventory and share assets with key internal stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1+ years of experience producing custom digital video content
- Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and online content management systems
- Established ability to create and produce compelling stories; generate and execute ideas from concept to execution
- Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, 3D Software)
- Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player with initiative and an ability to receive/give feedback
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge of all things culturally relevant to Purdue Athletics, Big Ten Athletics, and pop culture
- Familiarity with Big Ten Network’s programming, talent, and brand initiatives
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on digital media production or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated production/editing experience with intercollegiate athletics programs or professional sports teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.