OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
With a legacy spanning more than 35 years, FOX Entertainment is one of the world’s most recognizable media brands and a prolific content producer across its iconic broadcast network and both owned and third-party streaming platforms. Known for its independent, innovative spirit and provocative, groundbreaking storytelling, the company was reinvented in 2019 with the formation of FOX Entertainment. While maintaining its leadership in broadcast television (9-1-1: Lone Star, The Simpsons, The Cleaning Lady, Hell’s Kitchen, LEGO Masters), the company is actively building a portfolio of businesses and library of owned original content. To date, FOX Entertainment’s long-term growth strategy has included the acquisitions of award-winning animation studio Bento Box Entertainment (Bob’s Burgers, The Great North, Krapopolis, Grimsburg), entertainment platform TMZ, and global production studio MarVista Entertainment (The Way Home, Rescuing Christmas), as well as the formation of the culinary and lifestyle content venture Studio Ramsay Global (Next Level Chef, Gordon Ramsay’s Food Stars) in partnership with Gordon Ramsay. The company also established its in-house unscripted studio FOX Alternative Entertainment (The Masked Singer, Snake Oil, I Can See Your Voice, Name That Tune), FOX Entertainment Studios (Animal Control) to develop scripted content, and worldwide content sales unit FOX Entertainment Global.
FOX is looking for a Music Coordinator to join our Fox Entertainment Music team. As the Music Coordinator, you will be well-versed in project management as it pertains to music with strong communication and research skills. You have the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively is absolutely crucial with tight turnarounds and deadlines.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the EVP + VP of Music at full capacity
- Assist with departmental projects and events as needed
- Facilitate and archive music licenses, songwriter agreements, producer agreements, composer agreements, and oversee invoicing
- Create, update, and manage reference charts for productions, breaking down key music dates, production timelines, budgetary overviews
- Create presentations and documents using PowerPoint and Keynote
- Administer department’s project management software, updating meeting notes and maintain various reference documents
- Onboard vendors in payment portal and facilitate invoices via Coupa
- Supervise promo and programming cue sheets OBO all Fox owned productions and marketing from ingesting to QC to reporting
- Organize and maintain license tracking information and promo flight dates
- Manage Fox owned original music library via SourceAudio, tagging tracks, and curating audio assets
- Develop data for music budgeting and records tracking
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous entertainment agency or production experience
- Basic math for budgeting and negotiations
- Knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel (preferably MAC savvy) and music cataloging software including iTunes, DISCO, and SourceAudio
- Knowledge of music licensing/supervision, television production/marketing, music theory, and the recording process
- Team-player who operates in a fast-paced setting
- Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly to changing business needs
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to organize and establish administrative procedures independently, draft correspondence and reports, and work under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact with high-level executives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $26.00-28.00 per hour for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $21.50-23.25 per hour for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.