Job Number: R50024598
Brand: Fox TV Stations
Job Type: News
Location Type: Onsite
Experience Level: Experienced Hires
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Job Posting Date: February 12, 2024
JOB TITLE: Managing Editor
FOX 6 is seeking a Managing Editor to lead and direct our news coverage. This is a fast-paced environment and we need a decisive individual who thrives in breaking news situations. As part of our compensation package, we offer comprehensive medical plans, three weeks vacation, a generous 401k package and tuition reimbursement to mention a few.
Oversee the editorial aspects of news production for WITI’s broadcast television and digital platforms, including collaborating with the VP/News Director, Executive Producers, Anchors, Reporters, Editors and Photographers. The ideal candidate is a dynamic, team-oriented leader with strong editorial judgement and persuasive written and oral communication skills who will work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director on the editorial direction of the newsroom. The Managing Editor:
• Starts each day with a vision for the day’s coverage, communicates that vision to everyone involved and sees through its execution
• Runs editorial meetings to ensure FOX6’s coverage is comprehensive, proactive, thoughtful and serves viewers well
• Sets high journalistic standards for the newsroom, maintains quality and works to ensure accuracy, fairness and diverse representation in all newscasts
• Oversees reporter and anchor assignments and schedules
• Works closely with all editorial teams to make sure newsroom is focused on digital goals
• Plans and executes special coverage
• Establishes and cultivates positive relationships with outside agencies.
• Must be a strong communicator, detail-oriented and be able to meet deadlines within specific time constraints.
• Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in Journalism or Communications preferred. A minimum of 10 years professional experience in local TV news is required for this job as well as at least 3 years of news management experience. Significant experience as a line producer, executive producer and/or on-air reporter are all a plus. Familiarity with BitCentral, iNews and Edius are a plus. Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, written and oral.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.