Job Number: R50024590
Brand: Fox News Media
Job Type: News, Operations, Production
Location Type: Onsite
Experience Level: Experienced Hires
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Posting Date: February 9, 2024
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated Transmission Operator to join our Washington D.C. Bureau. The Transmission Operator is a vital member of our on-air programming team who will work with the satellite desk, media desk, field crews, and control room staff to ensure a quality product.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work in a fast-paced news environment
• Monitor and route incoming and outgoing feeds that service Fox News Media including FNC, FBN, Digital, and Fox affiliates
• Work with the satellite desk, media desk, field crews, and control room staff to ensure a quality product
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• A solid working knowledge of HD quality control equipment
• Knowledge of how to read scopes
• Ability to identify/troubleshoot audio and video problems with satellite and fiber transmission systems
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team setting
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to handle multiple duties and tasks in a stressful, fast-paced news environment
• Available to work a variety of shifts including some weekend/overnight hours
• Inews , Verizon AVOC, Live U knowledge a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.