OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The B1G Network is searching for a Feature Producer to join their team in Chicago, IL. As the Feature Producer, you will be responsible for researching, field producing, filming, and editing short and long-form storytelling content for the B1G Network’s signature storytelling series The Journey, along with several other B1G Network shows and projects. You will be tasked with arranging and conducting your own interviews, crafting the narratives of your story, and editing your content – sometimes on your own, sometimes alongside an editor. You will be responsible for generating ideas throughout the entire year and steering multiple content projects from start to finish. This position will report to the Vice President of Originals & Storytelling.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce high-end storytelling features – both short-form (3-5 mins) and long-form
- Produce 30 and 60 minute documentaries and storytelling original programs
- Research and pitch feature, documentary, and original show ideas
- Work directly with school contacts to request and arrange interviews
- Craft interview questions and conduct ALL interviews for features and shows
- Excellent eye for great footage
- Passion to search for and find the perfect shots
- High aptitude for working on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong knowledge of social media – what content works best on what platform
- Edit own material using Adobe Premiere
- Operate various types of cameras in the field to capture b-roll for features and shows
- Strong eye for scenics and ability to film live action sports
- Familiarity and comfort level with different types of cameras, lenses
- Excellent manager of digital media – ability to manage own media in the field
- Basic understanding of lighting interviews and ability to communicate effectively with ENG camera crews re: interview framing, scenics, and live action
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years experience working as a content creator
- Mastery of video editing using Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with LucidLink
- Ability to operate high-end video equipment
- Ability to download media from camera cards to hard drive
- Self-motivated – unafraid to make cold calls to research a story; wants to push the paces; has an incessant curiosity about what might make for a good story; constantly reading and learning about Big Ten sports and stories surrounding its participants; raises his/her hand for the hard assignment and doesn’t wait to be assigned work
- Team player and team builder
- Motivation for excellence – a great storyteller, not someone who just wants to “get the job done”; someone who uses every bit of time possible to continue improving the product
- Positive, can-do disposition – someone who leans into challenges and stays upbeat during difficult times
- Hyper attention to detail – values accuracy and hates having factual or graphic mistakes make air
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder – prompt responder to all forms of communication (email, Slack, text, phone)
- Strong knowledge of sports
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work long hours and days
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- College degree
- Experience producing features, conducting interviews, and well-traveled
- Knowledge of Big Ten sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.