OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is seeking a Content Coordinator to support the content creation and distribution of Big Ten Network's On-Campus Video Producer/Editor program. As the Content Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of On-Campus content, including the creation, curation, and distribution of unique and compelling content across multi-platform Big Ten Network channels (social, streaming, broadcast). You will report directly to the Manager, Digital, and be based in Chicago.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day-to-day management of the On-Campus program including concepting/managing the content calendar and distribution
- Support Big Ten Network in the creative development, production, and preparation of On-Campus content for multi-platform Big Ten Network channels (social, streaming, broadcast)
- Provide pre/post video production direction and feedback optimized for sharing/social consumption
- Organize and evaluate content for assigned distribution points (Digital, Remote, Studio); establish the direction and tone of content
- Position content and copy into video segments across social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube)
- Collaborate with the Digital Content team in Chicago to drive daily content, and Big Ten news, and align on social strategy/distribution
- Ensure all On-Campus content is on brand, consistent in style, quality, and voice
- Manage the coordination of real-time reactions to breaking Big Ten news and live coverage of Big Ten tent pole events
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the On-Campus program as it relates to continuing social consumption, best practices, and troubleshooting
- Act as a digital advocate in coordination with On-Campus Big Ten schools to ensure a seamless Big Ten Network integration
- Manage extensive social reporting to provide benchmarks for the On-Campus program
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2+ years of experience in a digital or content role
- Experience with social listening and analytics (Emplifi, etc.)
- Deep understanding of how major social platforms work (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.) and the ability to use each platform's features effectively
- Deep knowledge of all things culturally relevant to Big Ten Athletics and pop culture
- Strong visual eye regarding the creation and curation of video, graphics, and photography for social publishing
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to be detail-oriented, proactive, and a team player
- Ability to generate and execute ideas, from concept to execution
- Excellent writing and editing skills including grammar, style, and spelling
- Excellent team player that works well with others
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Big Ten Network's programming, talent, and brand initiatives
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel when necessary
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.