OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking a Streaming Freelancer based in Chicago, IL. The Streaming Freelancer will provide quality control and operational support for B1G+ -- the Big Ten Network’s direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service. This freelance position runs for the duration of the academic calendar (September through May), offering up to 40 hours per week. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Digital Operations and will be based out of Big Ten Network’s Chicago, Illinois office.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality control, operational support, and communication between key stakeholders for live streams and on-demand content available on B1G+, ensuring a smooth experience from transmission to consumer delivery. Stakeholders include BTN Programming, BTN Student U, BTN Operations, B1G School Athletic Departments, B1G+ External Technology Vendors, and B1G+ Customer Service
- Provide real-time operational and content management of live streams on B1G+, including confirmation of transmission, manually starting and stopping live stream encoders, entering streaming information via CMS, and publishing finished live streams as on-demand content
- Provide quality control validation of the B1G+ streaming product across all platforms (websites, mobile devices, and connected TV consoles) to confirm the availability and playability of live streams and on-demand content
- Assist with updates to the B1G+ streaming schedule in communication with BTN Programming and Student U, including same-day and longer-term programming changes
- Assist with inbound B1G+ customer service requests from request to resolution with key stakeholders
- Assist delivery and editorial management of on-demand content to the B1G+ Video Library
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience working with digital media and streaming products
- Familiarity with content management system (CMS) publishing workflows
- Proactive problem-solver who can prioritize, communicate, and handle multiple time-sensitive issues and requests in a high-pressure environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and knowledge for Big Ten Athletics beyond football and basketball
- Able to work non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media or Communications
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.