OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is seeking a Manager, Production Operations to manage individual live event production planning, including tournaments and championships. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Production Operations and falling within the Production department, in 2023-24 this role will serve as a consultant and project manager for production operations planning related to Big Ten expansion overseeing onboarding USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington.
Beginning in 2024-25, this role will continue to report to Sr. Director, Production Operations falling within the Production department, and the focus will be managing individual event planning at Big Ten expansion universities along with other Big Ten universities as assigned. This role will work directly with regionally based vendors and freelancers responsible for executing live event productions at Big Ten expansion universities and other schools/markets as assigned.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- With direction from the Sr. Director, Production Operations, prepare onboarding USC, UCLA, Oregon, and Washington into the Big Ten for remote operations and StudentU
- Serve as a support contact between production and expansion schools’ facility management teams for remote operations and StudentU, in collaboration with and reporting to the Sr. Director, Production Operations
- Template individual live event operational plans for producing all Big Ten events for linear television and B1G+ for all sports, including football, basketball, Olympic, and Olympic championships ensuring that each university has minimum resources in place to support broadcasts produced as both traditional truck for linear, MICR for linear, and B1G+ productions
- Seamlessly transition Big Ten expansion universities into the conference by securing and scheduling all production resources needed for linear television and B1G+
- Manage individual event planning, tournaments, and championships in the Big Ten expansion footprint and as assigned
- Manage and track individual live event budgets for expansion schools and other schools as assigned
- Support company StudentU department for B1G+ streams across Big Ten expansion schools
- Serve as a support contact and individual event contact for Production Operations for each Big Ten expansion school’s facility management teams, and other schools as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of production operations experience
- Experience running point and leading operations teams charged with executing linear broadcasts, preferably at USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, and other College sporting locations
- Displays leadership skills, with production operations knowledge base and experience in college sports
- Ability to develop relationships with expansion University stakeholders including facility management teams, athletic department teams, event management teams, and IT teams
- Ability to work remotely via company-supplied computer and cell phone, to perform day-to-day responsibilities via video conference, email, slack, phone, and text
- Ability to travel and work from a computer and phone from Big Ten expansion universities, other Big Ten universities as assigned, and the Big Ten Network and Conference headquarters in Chicago as needed
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or similar work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $60,000.00-80,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $50,000.00-66,600.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.