OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is seeking for a Studio Operations Supervisor to join their team in Chicago, IL. The Operations Supervisor will be a member of the Studio Operations team. The Operations Department is the network’s central nervous system for all incoming/outgoing content and the execution of all BTN studio programming, both onsite and remotely, live and pretaped. In this role, you will work in Studio Operations and Transmission to assist the Senior Director in the management and oversight of the studio and transmission teams and operations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the control room and studio execution of studio programming
- Oversee studio operations employee and freelance schedules to ensure coverage
- Work with the studio production team, graphics, transmission, producers, programming, and engineering to facilitate the needs of the department
- Serve as a backup operator for the Flight Crew and studio operators when needed
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures, job descriptions, and training of the Flight Crew, studio, and ticker operators
- Liaison with graphics, producers, and the Pilots to ensure all graphic elements are available and imported into the operating system
- Maintain the studio's functionality and operation of the studio
- Oversee studio programming execution and file daily operations reports detailing events of each day
- Create the Weekly Notes outlining each week's daily schedule, fax times, and studio integration for internal BTN operations, production, programming, traffic departments, and FOX /TEMPE Master Control and Live Integration teams to ensure the success of the on-air studio integration
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge of studio equipment including lighting, audio boards, mic, and cameras, ROSS automation, and control room operations
- Knowledge of college sports
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple time-sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
- Be able to work non-traditional hours, which will include nights and weekends
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.