OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Graphics Manager to join the StudentU Program! This position will be based in Chicago, IL, and be focused on spearheading graphics creation and asset management for use on B1G+. This position will work closely with the Big Ten Network graphics department to ensure all graphics align with network standards. The candidate should be fluent in building graphics on Ross Xpression, familiarity with Viz Trio is a plus. Additionally, you will collaborate with the BTN StudentU team on the creation of production policies, procedures, and training manuals as well as help monitor and ensure the quality of individual streams airing live on the B1G+ platform.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and edit the B1G+ graphics package on Ross XPression, creating specialty graphics and fulfilling requests from schools
- Design and build Ross Dashboards for use with XPression package
- Edit Viz Trio Shows distributed by FOX and Big Ten Network to make them compatible with school Viz systems and ready for student use
- Manage team logo database in conjunction with Big Ten Network and FOX Graphics group, responsible for ensuring all logos are updated and distributed accordingly
- Manage the acquisition and creation of roster databases for all teams featured on B1G+.
- Create documentation for students to use as instruction when using both Xpression and Viz graphics systems
- Train staff and student operators on how to use graphics packages in live event workflows
- Collaborate with the StudentU team on monitoring live events on the B1G+ platform, including assisting with in-game troubleshooting and providing feedback to student production crews
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 years of experience designing and building graphics and dashboards for Ross Xpression
- Capability to manage multiple high-profile projects and provide strong leadership and solid decision-making skills under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate and work with multiple stakeholders from different departments and outside of the network
- Strong ability to pay attention to detail and follow existing standards and guidelines
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Viz Trio, including the ability to edit graphics using custom properties coding
- Experience in sports production
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Photoshop and After Effects
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.