OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL’s America’s Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a manager to join the StudentU Program! This position will be based in the Pacific Northwest and be focused on assisting the athletic departments at Oregon and Washington with increasing their live video production capabilities and ensuring they are ready to produce streams that meet production standards when they officially join the conference in August 2024. You will work closely with staff and students in Oregon and Washington, serving as a point of contact for them and assisting with recruiting and training for their on-campus productions. Additionally, you will collaborate with the BTN StudentU team on the creation of production policies, procedures, and training manuals as well as help monitor and ensure the quality of individual streams airing live on the B1G+ platform.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the partnership between athletic department staff, other university stakeholders, and the Network
- Ensure athletic departments are ready to produce streams that meet StudentU production standards by August 2024
- Establish programs to recruit and train students on campus, including building partnerships with academic departments to build a pipeline of student talent
- Coordinate the building and implementation of control rooms and/or flypacks for streaming
- Identify facilities and equipment that do not meet standards and help advocate for their improvement
- Collaborate with BTN engineering and graphics departments to assist students with technical questions related to the production equipment on campus
- Create and maintain training manuals and documents to assist students in understanding and achieving StudentU production standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 years of prior experience working in a live sports production environment
- Previous experience working with and training students
- Proficiency in negotiation, presentation, and solid interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to productively contribute to a team remotely while working outside of the typical Big Ten Network office space
- Ability to communicate and understand technical information regarding television facilities and equipment.
- Capability to manage multiple high-profile projects and provide strong leadership and solid decision-making skills under tight deadlines
- Available to work regular weekend and weekend hours, based on the live event schedule. Job will be based on the FOX lot but will be expected to regularly be on site on UCLA and USC campuses
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with Ross XPression, including building Dashboards and scene templates
- Technical knowledge of video production equipment, including a switcher, graphics and replay machines, and intercom systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $60,000.00-90,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $50,000.00-75,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.