OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Freelance Quality Control Operator to join their team in Chicago, IL. The Freelance Quality Control Operators are charged with ensuring live events streaming on the B1G+ platform meet and exceed production standards for broadcast. You will work closely with broadcast students in the StudentU program on our 14 campuses, helping them prepare for broadcasts and being there to answer questions and provide feedback.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor games streaming on B1G+ platform, including placing events live and ending the broadcast at their conclusion and slating during any delays
- Work directly with broadcast control rooms to check production elements meet broadcast quality standards prior to events beginning
- Provide students with feedback before, during, and after events to communicate expectations, successes, and areas for improvement
- Identify great moments during broadcasts and communicate those to the StudentU team and digital media team for featuring on B1G social media accounts, as well as other Big Ten Network linear programming
- Assist StudentU team with creation of production guides and updating record books, rosters, and other materials
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Basic understanding of how sports television is produced
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and monitor multiple games simultaneously
- Helpful, positive attitude
- Basic computer skills
- Love of sports and knowledge of the teams and student-athletes of the Big Ten conference
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Previous experience with Newtek production products (Tricaster, 3Play) and/or Viz or XPression graphics systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.