OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Social Media Freelancer to join its team in the Chicago office as a hybrid employee. This is a freelance, seasonal position offering roughly 40 hours per week with a start date of Monday, July 17, 2023, and end date of Tuesday, April 30, 2024. Responsibilities include working closely with digital staff and posting content to various social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok & YouTube) during the Big Ten football and basketball seasons.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILIITES
- Clip and distribute live highlights for Big Ten football, basketball and Olympic sports
- Help schedule and assign freelance photographers on Big Ten campuses
- Create engaging content across multiple sport-specific Instagram accounts
- Help monitor Big Ten Network studio shows for relevant social posts
- Own distribution calendar for network vignettes and Big Ten Network Originals content
- Work with senior producer to monitor and share Big Ten social news
- Travel to select Big Ten Championships to provide social coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1+ years of experience in social media, communications or marketing
- Ability to work flexible hours, which will include nights and weekends
- Deep knowledge of Big Ten Football and Basketball
- Organized, detailed-oriented, proactive and a team player
- Familiarity with Big Ten Network’s programming, talent, and brand initiatives
- Detailed knowledge and experience on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok & YouTube
- Strong handle of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and a social media voice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen editorial sense
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on deadline
- Always connected and tuned into the latest Big Ten football and basketball news
- Passionate for social media and evolution of technology
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Sport Management undergraduate track
- Photoshop knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.