OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking a Freelance Junior Graphics Operator to join their team based in Chicago. The junior graphics operator will be preparing Vizrt elements for live linear events and live Big Ten Plus events. As the Junior Graphics Operator, you will be responsible for updating databases for all sports, creating templates inside Viz Trio and Viz Template Wizard. You will also be tasked with taking versions of existing templates and graphics and updating their parameters. You will also need to organize a variety of files for delivery to various platforms and locations. This position will report to the Senior Director of Graphics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing projects through the production workflow
- Projects include but not limited to: Updating Viz databases, Creating templates for new graphic templates, Scripting to automate processes and to make templates, Maintaining lists of all elements and placing them in various locations an uploading into different software platforms
- Receiving and understanding creative and technical feedback, but also giving creative feedback to the rest of the team in review sessions
- Managing multiple projects at the same time to meet multiple approval timelines and production deadlines
- Communicating when elements are uploaded or finished
- Updating templates as information changes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Ten collegiate sports and graphics
- Be able to work in a team environment, but also be a self-starter, capable of working independently
- Ability to script and code in various languages used including Java, C++, and Python
- Understanding and knowledge of Vizrt broadcast technology platform – Trio, Artist, Template Wizard, or similar
- Be organized, detail oriented, proactive, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible schedule to work nights and weekends as well as remotely or in-person
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in design, graphics or broadcast related fields
- Experience or internship in the broadcast design or related design field
- Strong knowledge of live sports production related techniques and broadcast graphic systems
- Design software packages – Adobe Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.