OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking a Freelance Junior Motion Graphic Designer to join their team based in Chicago. The Junior Motion Graphic Designer will be working with the rest of the design department assisting with source versioning and building additional elements. As the Junior Motion Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for cutting out headshots, action cutouts, and logos for live event and studio production. You will also be tasked with using After Effects to create multiple versions of existing graphics based upon existing templates. It is to be expected that our Junior Motion Graphic Designer will be managing the process of rendering and converting to a variety of different formats. You will also need to organize a variety of files. This position will report to the Senior Director of Graphics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing projects through the production workflow
- Projects include but not limited to: Cutting headshots, Cutting action stills, Formatting logos, Taking existing elements and versioning based upon team and look, Making matchup elements for live events using After Effects and Cinema 4D
- Receiving and understanding creative and technical feedback but also giving creative feedback to the rest of the team in review sessions
- Managing multiple projects at the same time to meet multiple approval timelines and production deadlines
- Communicating when elements are rendered to various departments
- Maintaining the render queue and keeping various formats organized
- Updating templates as information changes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge and understanding of Big Ten collegiate sports and graphics
- Be able to work in a team environment, but also be a self-starter, capable of working independently
- Understanding and knowledge of broadcast technology platforms and motion graphic design software packages – Adobe Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Be organized, detail oriented, proactive and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask
- A flexible schedule to work nights and weekends as well as remotely or in-person
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in design, graphics or broadcast related fields
- Experience or internship in the broadcast design or related design field
- Strong knowledge of live sports production related techniques and broadcast graphic systems
- Cinema 4D or other broadcast 3D Software
- Vizrt graphic design or operation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.