OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is looking for a Director of Marketing to join the team in Chicago. As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful scheduling, planning and execution of paid and organic media campaigns and implementing BTN’s branding at school and Big Ten venues and events. You will effectively work with all internal teams (creative services, distribution marketing, research, ad sales, digital, programming, legal and finance) as well as Big Ten school and Conference partners, third-party vendors, and outside agencies. You must have a proven track record of strong project management skills, media buying, event marketing, deliverable management, and communication of needs to large teams. Additionally, you must be highly organized with a great attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of Big Ten sports.
The Big Ten Network is a joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and FOX. The BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering the premier collegiate Conference in the country. With more than 2,200 live events across all platforms, the 24/7 Network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a schedule and lead execution of BTN’s paid and organic tune-in social strategy for live games and events
- Work directly with Big Ten school marketing departments to develop and fulfill school marketing contractual agreements
- Collaborate with Big Ten Conference and BTN Creative Services team to execute BTN’s presence at B1G events
- Partner with FOX distribution marketing team, BTN programming team and BTN Creative Services team to update and monitor Network’s show logos and descriptions across TV listings and affiliate guides
- Implement BTN’s B1G+ marketing execution across social media, living room apps and connected devices
- Assist with the promotion and execution of BTN events including B1G Tailgate and the BTN Big 10K
- Measure and track results of marketing campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with programming, research, distribution marketing, digital and creative services teams to promote Big Ten Network programming and initiatives
- Manage BTN and school logo library
- Oversee Senior Marketing Coordinator
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of experience in paid media, marketing, project management and/or account management (either in-house or at an agency)
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills
- Highly proactive and solution-oriented
- Ability to adjust priorities and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-departmentally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization
- Capacity to work non-traditional hours, which will include nights and weekends
- Willingness to travel to Big Ten Conference and School events
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of all things relevant to Big Ten sports
- Experience managing a highly effective, collaborative team
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.