OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
Big Ten Network (BTN) is currently seeking a Broadcast Television Engineer / Multi-Camera Insert Control Room (M.I.C.R.) Engineer for the East territory to join the team. This is a remote role, but the BTN will require the candidate to be based in Maryland with primary responsibilities traveling to BTN sporting events in assigned territory on a regular basis. The BTN will provide some relocation assistance for qualified candidates.
As the M.I.C.R Engineer, you will be responsible for connecting, quality control, troubleshooting, and repair of broadcast television equipment including cameras, switchers, video servers, audio, and graphics equipment. You will also conduct routing and restorative maintenance of electronics and electrical systems. If you have a solid working knowledge of electronic and electrical systems and knowledge of FCC rules, we are looking for you!
Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connect, troubleshoot, and repair feeds during a camera aggregation (M.I.C.R.) event
- Troubleshoot audio consoles, production support equipment, cameras, video, and intercom systems
- Quality control of incoming audio and video feeds during the event
- Maintain equipment for live productions, studio, and other operations around the company
- Delegate duties to remote crew during pre-show set up, live broadcast, and striking of events at remote locations – mainly at B1G school facilities
- Manage the inbound/outbound of deliveries, craft services and payroll sheets for Big Ten Network freelance hires
- Drive M.I.C.R. truck to and from events
- Execute and complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Be based in MD of ability to relocate to MD
- Minimum of 2-year technical degree plus a minimum of 3 years broadcast equipment repair experience in a television production environment
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in the use of broadcast-related test equipment including, but not limited to, waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, etc.
- Competence in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio etc.)
- Excellent reasoning skills in order to assist in troubleshooting problems
- Ability to troubleshoot audio consoles, production switchers, production support equipment, cameras, graphics systems, replay systems, and intercom systems
- Capability to work odd and long hours (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to get a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), pass a DOT Physical, and obtain a medical certificate to drive M.I.C.R. truck to and from events
- SPSG and small battery transport trainings
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $0.00-0.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. $0.00-0.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.