OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
- Achieve and exceed monthly revenue budgets that consist of new business, digital, OTT and transactional business, along with any special projects and/or sports budgets.
- Negotiate rates, ratings and share of business with new and existing clients.
- Create presentations, utilize sales research, use station tools (i.e. Kantar, Scarborough, etc.) and provide appropriate research information as a service to the client, in an effort to gain share.
- Attend and participate on a minimum of 5 client face calls/presentations per week.
- Develop and maintain direct client relationships.
- Monitor client deliveries to ensure we post.
- Prospect new business using research and information gathering techniques.
- Update clients on all pertinent station information, assets and promotions.
- Efficiently follow-up on leads and/or call-ins.
- Address preemption’s with makegood execution within 48 hours.
- Adhere to Traffic and Production deadlines.
- Work closely with Accounting to establish credit submitting and collecting payments of invoices in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license. Own and regularly drive an automobile to perform sales functions, attend sales functions and facilitate client visits.
- Inform AE back up of current/pending business prior to taking time off.
- Help to maintain positive work environment, reinforce station’s culture, and support inclusion of all employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
- Complete exempt time sheet completely, accurately and on deadline.
- Work varied hours, holidays, weekends and during severe weather situations or as mandated by sales initiatives.
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Commitment to Excellence
- Job Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
Regularly stand; walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; and; talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
QUALIFICATIONS: Broadcast and digital sales experience.
EDUCATION: College degree or equivalent work experience.
OTHER: Communication skills. Service oriented.
Valid driver’s license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.