OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
Big Ten Network is searching for a Sales Planner to join their team in New York. As the Sales Planner, you will primarily be responsible for the management of television and digital media plans. These duties include all phases of plan development including building plans, deal stewardship, make goods, and delivery for both linear and non-linear advertisers. Additional responsibilities include creation of sales proposals/materials, prospecting, and research to support the sales team. This role requires basic understanding of media math and terms in order to follow instructions from sales team and communicate effectively externally with clients.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- TV Planning: Build plans, enter orders, monitor delivery, manage pre-emptions and ADU schedules, ensure that clients are satisfied with plans built for them and place order
- Digital Planning: Build IO’s, enter orders, coordinate Traffic, and assist with monthly billing
- Work with sales team to develop one-sheets, presentations, and research/ratings materials to support the entire sales team and merchandise our assets
- Assist in various administration tasks like event planning, client travel and other miscellaneous needs
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Digital or Television Sales Assistant in a media company or network
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Professional phone demeanor, good organization skills, and attention to detail
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Familiarity with the television business process
- Fluency of media math and operating systems like Strata and Wide Orbit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $49,000.00-66,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.