OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
TMZ is seeking a Metadata Manager. This role will interact with production, editorial, and IT departments to create reference to commonalities among media assets including video, audio and still images. In addition to ensuring the quality of metadata associated with new media as it is ingested into asset management systems, the Metadata Manager will audit the library archives to standardize that metadata as well. The Metadata Manager needs to understand the uses for the metadata and cataloging strategy across all asset management systems and distribution platforms. Long term, this position will be a stakeholder in the centralization of metadata entry and search functionality across all asset management systems and archives.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of all metadata/logging entry for raw and edited media in all Media Asset Management systems
- Daily review and QC of metadata in asset management systems
- Back catalog metadata review and cleanup
- Establish the quality of searchable info for any video asset
- Ensure commonality between several media asset management systems
- Maintaining descriptive metadata schema and standardized data structures within systems and documentation
- Maintain updated procedures documentation for tasks performed
- Keeps statistics for department reporting and analysis
- Project management of metadata projects within the IT department
- Requires use of project management software and Microsoft Office to track progress
- Requires overseeing and coordination with members of department, interns, and with PAs
- Collaborate with IT team members on application updates and metadata updating
- Interactively work with all departments regarding metadata standards, issues, deviations and corrections of metadata input, and metadata input training
- As a member of the IT team, work with all departments on asset management search training and issue resolution
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Prior logging and metadata entry experience necessary
- Prior multimedia Content Management System experience required
- Attention to detail is critical in this role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with several different departments/stakeholders
- Experience with relational database structure is necessary
- Knowledge of non-standardized taxonomy and folksonomy
- Nice to have a basic knowledge of XML, API, and SQL queries
- Library science degree preferred
TMZ is a workplace that requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Requested accommodations/exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with law.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $60,000.00-75,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.