OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network is looking for an Associate Graphics Producer to join their team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Coordinating Studio Producer and will take the lead on all graphics for the studio show they are working on. The Associate Graphics Producer creates and inserts all graphics and images featured in the shows, including but not limited to: topic bars, names of talent, reporters, scores of games, tagboard and full screen informational boards. They also work closely with the research department with the creation of graphics. Additionally, they will assist in the production of all our studio shows and work with the producer to gather footage, create highlights of games, decipher pregame and/or postgame sound and puts them into segments to the show.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with Producers in planning shows
- Select plays to be used as highlights of the game - may cut them at their desk or with an editor then create a shot sheet with the sequence of plays and information of each play
- Listen to pre and postgame game interviews and select appropriate sound to be used for the telecast
- Work with the editors to cut bumps or opening tease for the show
- Produce high end elements for shows, montages of video with sound and music
Work with studio operations crew
- Assist VIZ operators during shows by organizing all graphic requests and feeding information in a clear and concise manner during show builds
- Access and manage the on-air look of all graphics as they are being created and correct or improve before sending them to air
- Act as a final stop to check spelling, accuracy, framing and overall design aesthetic
Work with Engineering
- Collaborate with Engineering for the maintenance of equipment - VIZ graphic units and Inews
- Communicate issues as they occur
- Help with scheduling should maintenance be required
Research and stay current on college athletics
- Watch other sports broadcasts and read social media or related sports blogs to stay current on happenings in the Big Ten Conference and beyond
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great organizational skills due to the number of productions & layout of show formats
- Excellent knowledge of the Big Ten conferences and each of the sports covered
- Good people management and coordination skills
- Good with statistical data.
- Great intuition to make crucial judgment calls
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and able to have conversations with multiple levels of personnel
- Computer literate in MS Word & MS Excel, Inews, viz, grass valley and status
- Passion for sports
- Ability to work nights and weekends
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcast or a related field
- Basic understanding of remote television production
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.