OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is looking for a Director of Sponsorships to join the team in New York City or Chicago. The Director will support the VP of Sponsorships, and the Big Ten Corporate Partnerships Program, a dedicated team leading the Big Ten Conferences league-level corporate sponsorship and partner activations. The position will focus on new business development and current Big Ten partner management.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Development Responsibilities
- Execute stated marketing strategies and B1G Conference sponsorship revenue
- Initiate and drive new business relationships, securing new partnership revenues exceeding annual group targets
- Manage and coordinate new business activity, including campaign planning and execution, sales solutions, event attendance, partnership ideation
- Work closely with all BTCP departmental employees and BTN sales leaders for planning projects, scheduling proficient communication flow, and working closely with partners, prospects, internal/external stakeholders
Partnership Marketing Responsibilities
- Develop, enhance, and grow relationships with assigned sponsor accounts and related agencies
- Oversee the fulfillment of all contractual obligations for assigned sponsor accounts
- Work with the VP, Sponsorships on sponsorship renewal development and negotiations as applicable
- Collaborate with the BTN sales team to develop and execute integrated digital programs across BTCP social platforms (per contract and/or incremental)
- Responsible for the management of the Manager, Partnership Marketing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of eight years of management-level business development in sponsorships and sponsor servicing experience at a professional sports league, professional sports team, or in conjunction with a premiere sports event
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships; manage multiple tasks under pressure, provide customer service, and develop and implement creative/effective sponsor-driven consumer promotions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, a high degree of integrity, the ability to work with high-profile clients, a positive attitude, and the ability to solve problems
- Strong management skills and the ability to work as an effective team member
- Occasional travel to sponsor meetings
- Attendance at all major BTCP activations and major events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.