OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking a Streaming Freelancer based in Chicago. The Streaming Freelancer will work with Big Ten Network Digital and key streaming stakeholders (BTN Production, BTN Operations, Big Ten School Athletic Departments, BTN’s External Technology Vendors, and Customer Service) to maintain quality control and support the delivery of BTN’s streaming products (B1G+, FOX Sports App) across multiple platforms (websites, mobile devices, and connected TV consoles) to consumers. This is a 9-month freelance position during the academic calendar (September – May) offering up to 40 hours per week. This position will report to the Manager of Digital Operations and will be based out of Big Ten Network’s Chicago, Illinois office.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality control (QC) and communication with key stakeholders for live streams and on-demand content available on BTN’s streaming products (B1G+, FOX Sports App), ensuring the correct video and ad experience from transmission to consumer delivery
- Real-time operational and content management of live streams on the B1G+ product (which is the Big Ten Network’s subscription streaming service), including starting and stopping live streams, entering streaming information, and transitioning live streams to on-demand content
- Assist management of live stream event schedule in communication with key streaming stakeholders, including long-term and same-day programming changes
- Assist delivery and editorial management of on-demand content to the B1G+ Video Library
- Perform content validation of BTN’s streaming products across all platforms by checking availability and playability of live streams and on-demand content
- Manage and coordinate inbound customer service requests from request to resolution with key streaming stakeholders
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience working in sports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with streaming products on digital platforms
- Familiarity with content management system (CMS) publishing workflows
- Strategic knowledge and familiarity with streaming media platforms and services
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time-sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, which will include nights and weekends
- Passionate and knowledgeable about all Big Ten Athletics (beyond football and basketball)
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, Communications, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in digital media and streaming
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.