OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is looking for a Systems Engineer to join the team in Chicago. As the Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, build, installation and maintenance of systems to support a broadcast environment. It requires a broad technology background and the ability to grasp new technologies revolving around a broadcast IT environment. You will have to be comfortable in a fast-paced live production environment and be available on weekends for support with a flexible schedule to compensate for weekend work when needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build, install, and maintain systems to support a broadcast environment, including technology involving storage, graphics, video and audio systems, desktop, server, and remote systems management
- Broadcast systems and user support covering all areas of technology, hardware and software support
- Think logically and methodically to identify the best possible solution based on resources and need
- Stay up to date on best practices in the industry and implement cutting-edge tech tools
- Implement creativity and innovation while considering unique solutions to complex issues
- Share your ideas with clients, explaining complex technical concepts with ease
- Train users in the operations of new systems and engineers in the maintenance and functionality of systems
- Troubleshoot any problems that may occur promptly
- Maintain all servers and builds as necessary
- 5+ years of experience in an IT support role
- Experience in embedded operating systems
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with video streaming technologies and streaming infrastructure support experience
- Proficiency with technologies revolving around system virtualization
- Strong knowledge of desktop, server, and networking technology
- Exceptional self-task management with experience in local and remote support
- Capability to utilize hardware and software video technologies revolving around video edit and video codecs
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas verbally and in written forms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficient with diagram software for documentation
- Experience in embedded operating systems
- Great interpersonal and logical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work odd and long hours (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays)
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.