OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News is looking for a Product Manager to join our Digital Product team! You will gather and articulate product requirements and develop a roadmap that supports business drivers like revenue, KPI growth, audience engagement, and strategic value. You will also identify key stakeholders and help define the product objectives through requirements gathering, specification documentation, and communication with other business units.
- You are an analytical product manager, but keen on developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- You are comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify new areas for growth & uncover unmet customer needs by analyzing market research, market trends and maintain an awareness of our competitor activity
- Build a strong list of features, break down product requirements into user stories, create meaningful problem and solution statements, and manage its intake into the product roadmap
- Liaison and present roadmap items and changes to marketing/digital and editorial leadership
- Partner with engineering managers for sprint planning and manage expectations with other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Partner with the Technical Manager and Project Manager to lead the Development Teams and QA resources, manage Stakeholders (internal and external), and provide daily guidance to developers & designers
- Use data to monitor changes & make data-driven decisions
- Drive new feature development from conception to launch with consistency across FOX News & its digital products & platforms
- Work with vendors to tightly integrate them into our product development lifecycle
- Be the subject matter expert on Fox News’ video & digital platforms (web, apps, OTT), and push our thinking forward by implementing best-in-class user experience strategies
- Collaborate with the Design Team & other Product Managers to improve the customer journey, customer experience, and user experience for Fox News across all our platforms
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments in partnership with our growth and data science team to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve our ability to get users engaged with the content on web, mobile, OTT, and other platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in product management (e.g., creating strategic product roadmaps from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams) working on technology-powered products (on web, app, or OTT)
- Experience working with Agile (e.g., requirement definition, ticket creation, sprint management, and other rituals)
- Thorough understanding of the techniques and methods required for modern product discovery and product delivery (e.g., creating/owning strategic products from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams)
- Ability to represent complex business or technical matters internally and externally
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Experience working on mobile or video streaming apps is a plus
Learn more about Fox Tech at https://tech.fox.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.