OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Fox Security Officer’s top priority is to provide a safe and secure work environment for our employees, guests, clients and vendors.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to, engage and render aid as needed for security incidents, fire, medical emergency, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents
- Report on activities or incidents at an assigned site, providing for the security and safety of studio property and personnel
- Patrol assigned site(s) on foot, bicycle or golf cart; check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, parking and security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons
- Control access to studio site or facility through the admittance process. This includes checking permissions of persons entering the lot and refusing to admit those without appropriate documentation
- The position will require standing for long periods of time (i.e., hours at a time, potentially). Security officers may be assigned to any shift; business operates 24/7 every day of the year. May be assigned outdoors during all weather conditions
- Various regular shifts available, though must be able to work holidays, weekends, and overtime on short or even no notice
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Excellent Customer Service
- English Language skills (verbal and written) must be at a level to communicate and give directions effectively during emergency situations.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull heavy objects (e.g., stage doors) that can weigh more than 50 pounds
- Current CA Guard Card
- Current CA driver license
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Able to complete and pass First Aid/CPR/AED course
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- 1 year security or public safety experience
- Trained in Pepper/OC Spray preferred
- Handcuffing experience preferred
- Applicants must be available to interview and work in Los Angeles
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.