OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join the team in Chicago. As the Manager of HR, you will be responsible for providing full life-cycle HR generalist support, including employment, employee relations, training and development, Diversity & Inclusion efforts, performance evaluations, talent acquisition, and HRIS. Some duties include providing counseling on employee relations issues, identifying and addressing training needs, conducting recruitment efforts, processing onboarding paperwork, leading employee initiatives such as the internship program, and leading the Diversity & Inclusion Committee at BTN. This role will be hybrid model role with some in-office and remote workdays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide organizational support and counsel to management
- Perform general HR duties with a focus on talent acquisition, employee counseling, response to day-to-day HR issues and problems, and employee inquiries via email, phone, or in person, and employee events
- Work with HR Shared Services teams (Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Organization Development & Training) in supporting Big Ten Network with staffing, market salary reviews, training & development needs
- Manage personnel changes in Workday
- Oversee Internship program: Summer, Fall, and On Campus
- Manage the Diversity & Inclusion committee and help facilitate progress in all areas
- Conduct general administrative processing of all required legal documents, including paperwork for new hires, terms, disciplinary write-ups, contracts, and other personnel paperwork
- Update org charts for reorganizations, adds to staff, merit/bonus, run special Workday reports, compile employee information for salary adjustments
- Perform other various related duties, as required and assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of HR generalist experience
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel
- Business savvy, strategic focus, and sense of urgency
- Ability to use influence and negotiating skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to provide leadership and strategic guidance
- Demonstrated counseling skills
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal employment regulations is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, pay close attention to detail, and perform well under strict deadlines/timelines
- Capability to maintain strong relationships amongst remote HR, Compensation, OD&T, Payroll, HRIS, Talent Acquisition departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay calm and focused during busy times
- Capability to keep confidential information secure
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work and make decisions independently
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in D&I and production knowledge
- Familiarity with television broadcasting or a related industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.