OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX News is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the team in NY. As the Sr. Network Engineer, you will be focused on Media and Broadcast to design, implement, and administer highly resilient and scalable network(s) supporting media workflows and live broadcast for Fox News. As a member of the Software-defined Networking (SDN) Broadcast Infrastructure team, you will work closely with multiple teams and disciplines across the enterprise to conceptualize, build, and integrate solutions and services to support the challenging real-time requirements of the media/broadcast business.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gathering, planning, and assessing current network configuration
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions
- Work with SDN team to design networking solutions capable of transporting live content(uncompressed) over dedicated high-bandwidth IP networks
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to troubleshoot service impacting issues
- Team up with outside vendors to successfully test and integrate new technology
- Track, report, and proactively address network capacity issues
- Discover and implement new technologies that simplify the network environment while improving security and performance
- Fully document all changes to network topology
- Track, report, and proactively deploy firmware/software updates on switching equipment when needed
- Network capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain up to date documentation of the network environment detailing configuration of deployed solutions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A proven track record of designing and implementing large-scale mission critical networks
- Experience troubleshooting complex problems while delivering innovative solutions
- Knowledge of SMPTE ST 2110 – Professional Media Over Managed IP Networks standards
- 10+ years working with large scale networks
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with network platforms such as Arista, Cisco, and Juniper
- Expert network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Willingness and ability to teach and train others
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Media Technology and/or broadcast experience
- BS in a Computer Science
- Experience with automation and scripting
- Cisco CCNP, or equivalent Arista certification
- Experience with Spine-leaf Architecture
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.