OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
The Production Technician will operate auxiliary equipment as part of FOX32’s live news and sports productions. These include but are not limited to robotic cameras, graphics and audio. The ability to excel under pressure in the fast paced environment of live local news alongside a talented team of producers and directors is required.
- The Production Technician will serve as the technical co-pilot for all news and sports programming.
- Experience with studio LED lighting, ETC lighting consoles, Ross studio camera robotics, SSL audio consoles, and Chyron graphics systems is preferred.
- The ability to mix multiple audio sources during any news or sports program.
- Candidate should have experience in an automated production control room environment.
- Interaction with talent and guests using excellent interpersonal communication, verbal skills and a professional demeanor is critical.
- Others duties may include recording news and programming feeds and tuning in Satellite and Microwave signals. Preparing content for broadcast by ingesting and timing media as well as judging technical quality.
- Previous experience with or ability to learn Grass Valley iTX master control automation system is also helpful. Knowledge of windows server/client platforms, high performance storage systems, and video encoding/delivery systems is a plus.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Prefer candidates with 5 or more years of television production experience.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to proactively isolate and resolve technical problems within network and broadcast systems.
- A team player that is able to work independently as required.
- In-depth troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform successfully under pressure are essential.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks.
- Previous experience and knowledge in an IT architecture and infrastructure is a plus.
- Must be flexible with schedule including working on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs. Position requires membership in NABET Local 41 union.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.