OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
The Big Ten Network is seeking a Digital Designer to join their Digital team in Chicago. Your responsibilities will include conceptualizing and executing content/creative with a focus on digital and social platforms. You will collaborate closely with digital producers, editors and designers to create high-impact graphics, motion graphics and video, as well as creative strategy. In this role, you will produce both sponsored programmatic segments and real-time content around live events and ideate, pitch and establish the branding for various digital content franchises. Additionally, the Digital Designer will provide comprehensive graphic support by producing a variety of platform-specific templates and assets for Digital’s extended teams. Your work should advance the network’s visual language with a strong sense for contemporary design trends, media and pop culture.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Still Graphics Production, both real-time digital content and templates
- Motion Graphics Production, both real-time digital content and templates
- Video Editing/Production, both real-time digital content and scheduled/sponsored programming
- Creative Strategy, through regular producer collaboration and tentpole events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1+ years of experience producing digital content or equivalent
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Adobe Creative Suite, namely: Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator
- Clear history of creating and producing compelling content, from concept to execution
- Demonstrated ability to meet a variety of deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Possess a deep knowledge of college athletics and pop culture/emerging trends
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Capacity to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes and capacity to manage high pressure situations
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.