OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Corporate legal team sits at the center of Fox’s Cable, Sports and Broadcast businesses, providing operational and deal support to our divisions as we transform television with cutting edge technology, digital transitions and game changing deals.
The Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs is a primary point of contact and legal resource for Fox attorneys and executives with respect to Fox’s strategic sourcing and enterprise operations arrangements and initiatives. The individual in this role will provide advice and expertise related to Fox’s sourcing and enterprise operations’ needs. He or she will also draft, negotiate and analyze a wide range of agreements supporting enterprise operations and strategic sourcing, including with providers of goods and/or services, such as those supporting payment processing, travel, facilities operations, and Fox’s advanced technology needs.
This position can be based in Los Angeles or New York.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, negotiate, and draft a wide variety of agreements supporting enterprise operations and Fox’s sourcing needs
- Serve as key legal point of contact for sourcing and enterprise operations, including for Fox sourcing team and other Fox executives and attorneys
- Initiate and lead collaborative efforts with multiple subject matter experts, including in digital technology and privacy, to effectively complete the sourcing contract process
- Ensure the sourcing contract drafting and negotiation process is efficiently and effectively staffed and managed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Juris Doctor degree and active member of California or New York bar strongly preferred; Will consider those eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46)
- At least 10 years of transactional legal experience
- Strong understanding of strategic sourcing, and enterprise operations and arrangements
- Working knowledge of broadcast technology, direct to consumer platforms, intellectual property, and related agreements
- Adept at effectively working with individuals from a variety of fields and backgrounds and collaborating with multiple subject matter experts
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, often with shifting priorities and deadlines
- Working knowledge of privacy and data security law and corresponding issues and concerns
- Excellent reasoning, verbal, and written communication skills
- Advanced proficiency using Word. Experience with DeltaView preferred
- Ability to work well with clients and peers
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.