OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Supervisor, Distribution Operations who will be a hands-on supervisor of the technical master control playout and operations workflows within the Fox Distribution Center. This position makes critical last-second decisions that support on-air integrity and protect live revenue streams. The Supervisor, Distribution Operations works closely with Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News teams to innovate and test new modern enhancements and distribution solutions.
This role is part of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across Fox networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great Fox content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises daily media ingest, processing, preparation, and distribution activities for live and non-live content.
- Responsible for supervising all live sports activities within master control operations
- Responsible for process and procedures to ensure reliable distribution operation
- Oversees the configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of all distribution systems to ensure maximum reliability
- Supports Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
- Helps develop new technology solutions together with the engineering team
- Partners with the Engineering Operations team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provides support to other Media Operations teams to develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Works closely with all business units and provides world-class customer service support.
- Promotes the use of data to make business decisions
- Tracks operations dashboards and constantly look for improvements
- Supports the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
- Inspires a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- Supports career development programs to retain top talent
- Helps build and motivate high performing teams to deliver high-quality products
- Facilitates an environment that fosters the development of all-star utility players
- Deliberately creates and cross-trains all-star teams of utility players who work in different areas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 3+ years supervising teams
- Experience with media operations and technical transmission systems
- Technical knowledge of Media Supply Chain, Live Sports Production, and Over the Top (OTT) Systems
- Full understanding of master control playout automation systems
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into operational and technical requirements
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- A Bachelor’s Degree is awesome, but not required
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range and HDR10+ is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards such as the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and are invested in their success
- You value and want to hear diverse perspectives
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You enjoy being part of an all-star team and working in a start-up environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.