OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Media Desk . You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
*Please note there is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
- Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive.
- Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system.
- Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations.
- Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
- Knowledge of iNews and Dalet Galaxy is a plus
- Strong knowledge of current events
- Experience with multi-tasking several projects
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.