OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are seeking a Freelance Video Playout Operator to join our Fox News Channel team. As the Freelance Video Playout Operator, you will replace staff members who are on vacation or sick leave, including holidays and weekend shifts. You must be able to handle high pressured live news broadcasts of a 24/7 news environment. Additionally, you must be willing to work early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. You have a positive attitude, are detail-oriented, and are a team player looking to take on challenging tasks.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Insert video elements during live programming as well as pretaped shows using a file server playout system
- Count back to directors and roll elements simultaneously
- Record and edit quick turnaround pieces
- Multi-task and work in a team environment
- Understand how iNews and the playback file server systems operate
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 years of Playback experience
- An eye for content accuracy and getting newsworthy video elements to air
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Available to work early mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends, and holiday shifts
- Strong understanding of iNews
- Strong understanding of using a file server playout system
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Viz knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.