OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
FOX Television Stations in the Twin Cities has an immediate opening for a high impact Account Executive. We are looking for an experienced OTT salesperson to manage, develop, assist and service business for the FOX Local Extension OTT platform (FLX).
If you are an entrepreneurial-minded self-starter that naturally thrives in a competitive sales environment, then we would like to talk with you. This role is for the savvy media professional who has a passion for introducing prospective clients to cutting edge advertising solutions across OTT, digital video and broadcast platforms. The Account Executive will be able to clearly communicate the value of video and its power to reach new customers with efficiency, targeting and scale.
- Prospect new business, presenting FLX capabilities via Zoom and in-person.
- Act as category expert, working alongside FOX teammates in your market area.
- Oversee schedules throughout the campaign while growing your client’s business and increasing revenue for the FLX platform at the same time.
- Uncover local and multi-market businesses that will benefit from advertising solutions that reach their customers more directly and with more impact than ever before. As a trusted marketing advisor, you will establish new partnerships, offer best in class service and will consistently take initiative to strategize alongside your clients.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the local TV marketplace and how it is adapting to new OTT channels.
- Proven track record of successfully establishing new business partnerships using the power of integrated advertising solutions including OTT, digital video and broadcast
- Experience creating, implementing, and executing marketing campaigns through industry-standard tools like Wide Orbit Sales, Nielsen Media Research, KANTAR and Scarborough Research, etc.
- Desire to achieve or exceed assigned revenue goals
- Clear, confident and persuasive presentation and writing skills with the ability to simplify complex marketing ideas
- Creative-minded with an ability to craft unique and customized client solutions
- Possess a deep understanding of how video solutions can impact and improve business and marketing outcomes
- Displays utmost professionalism and an intrinsic ability to consistently prospect high level accounts
- Skilled in generating weekly meetings with new prospects, engaging in smart networking activities, and maintaining resilience throughout the sales process
- Shows urgency placing a high value on consistent, responsive and meaningful follow-up with prospects and clients
- Enjoys partnering with clients and passionately believes in their ability to drive bottom-line results
- Seen as a trusted advisor and unafraid to challenge ideas if it will help a business thrive and grow
- Ability to work seamlessly with internal teams (Production, Sales Support, Research) in order to keep client campaigns on track
- Attention to detail and ability to efficiently organize workload
- Remote work is possible but must have ability to come in to the station in Eden Prairie, MN, as needed.
- Travel may be required.
- Digital Video Advertising and/or Digital Agency/Digital Publisher experience preferred.
- Familiarity with basic digital media technology.
- College degree with a minimum of 3 years of successful media sales.
- A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and dependable vehicle is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Wide Orbit Sales, and familiarity with Media Monitoring programs / software
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.