OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
Fox Sports Media Group is searching for a Director of Digital Research and Analytics to join the team. As the Director, you will be responsible for providing analysis and insights across the FOX Sports Digital portfolio including, the site, mobile apps, and social. You will meet with business owners and determine reporting requirements as related to the data capture and measurement of new features, content, initiatives, and distribution platforms and communicate these requirements to the data implementation and business intelligence teams. Additionally, you will validate the accuracy of the data in reports, prepare reporting deliverables, and provide deep and meaningful analyses and recommendations. You will thoroughly understand how our data is structured and utilized in different platforms to identify opportunities to further improve the management/output of data and distribute a wide range of reports which include web/mobile analytics, third-party competitive data, consumer insights, audience profiling, market/industry research, and social media.
Also, you represent the FOX Sports brand and serve as an internal consultant to the digital teams with focus on the consolidation and presentation of findings for audience development strategies, content optimization, sales strategy, PR narratives and overall KPI/health-of-the-business reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and distribute digital reporting deliverables and presentations, tailoring insights according to the respective audiences within the business
- Be knowledgeable of all resources available, and strategically consolidate and highlight key data in a clean, concise, and aesthetically appealing format
- Quality check data inputs and file shared documents in an extremely organized manner, which may include product strategy decks, monthly KPI reporting, competitive analyses, and product/event postmortems
- Collect, process, and analyze metrics which requires technical knowledge of how data is extracted, strong analytical skills, and the ability to forecast results with limited information
- Work with the data implementation and business intelligence teams to provide reporting requirements, as well as QA data for accuracy
- Streamline reporting, and ensure that all presentations and reports are based on consistent, current data, which may include creation of templated report interfaces for use within other teams, and automation of existing and new reports for increased efficiency
- Provide audience projections across digital platforms
- Think critically and strategically in order to project audience estimates by sport, game type, platform, network, and ad type
- Build forecasting models using historical data along with forward-thinking assumptions, and provide thoughtful analyses for planning
- Act as liaison between FOX Sports Digital and other FOX business units and research groups, as well as the subject matter expert for digital measurement for FOX Sports Digital, and determine the appropriate narrative for respective groups
- Manage relationships with other FOX groups, including CPE, Sales, PR, and content, in order to maintain alignment in sports digital reporting and narrative
- Bridge the gap between traditional media research and online measurement by educating the broadcast sales team on how to interpret 3rd party online research, define audience and engagement metrics, and analyze industry trends
- Assist Senior Director with research projects, including but not limited to:
- Creating sales materials, quarterly presentations, and upfront planning and preparation
- Calculating audience growth and traffic projections for business development initiatives
- Evaluating research applications and reporting solutions/services
- Gathering information and preparing for primary research studies (focus groups, usability testing, one-on-one interviews)
- Manage Digital Research Manager and provide guidance and leadership on data analyses and deliverables
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 6+ years of employment in digital or new media, with experience in web analytics and research tools including: Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Nielsen, comScore, MRI
- Exceptional written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Experience and comfort interacting frequently with executives
- Understanding of survey writing and analytical reporting
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.