OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Master Control Operator I supports all technical and operations workflows within the Broadcast Operations area. This includes the assembly and playout of live and non-live networks.
This role is part of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
- You care about your team and are invested in their success
- You value diverse perspectives
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITES
Media Ingest, Assembly & Distribution
- Provide support for quality control, processing, assembly, playout, and distribution activities for pre-programmed and live content
- Play a key role in the technical workflows to support distribution across linear and Over the Top (OTT) delivery
- On-air switching and running master control automation playlists in both multicast and live sports environments
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
- Partner with Live Media and other Media Operations teams and steps in to help in other areas as needed
- Work closely with all business units and provide world class customer service support
Training and Career Development
- Jump on opportunities to learn new skills, especially in emerging technologies
- Utilize existing career development programs to advance career
- Aspire to perform at the highest level to deliver high quality products
- Make great contributions to the team and is an all-star team player
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- A Bachelor’s Degree is awesome, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.