OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
KSAZ/KUTP FOX Television Stations Owned and Operated in Sunny Phoenix, Arizona is looking for an Entry-Level Broadcast Engineering Technician. In this role you will employ your electro-mechanical and information systems skills in a customer service based environment where we support our News broadcasting and Digital streaming efforts.
SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all technical equipment is operational and support the production department’s use of the equipment. Supported systems include, but are not limited to: HDSDI router and switchers, audio consoles and network, intercom system, digital asset management system, virtual set systems, cameras, multi-view monitor systems
- Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors, audio metering, network and transport stream analyzers, and a variety of cable testers
- Work daily with Engineers, Production, News, and Digital personnel to support live programming
- Ensure all production systems are up to date and functioning as needed
- Troubleshoot issues with broadcast systems, and work with vendors and open trouble tickets with customer support
- Repair or replace equipment as needed
- Work with Engineering Leadership Team to plan and implement projects on tasks including research and specification of vendor/hardware/software, installation and configuration of system or solution
- Occasional facility maintenance level work will be assigned as required
- This position’s work hours include early/late shifts, weekends and holidays
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Knowledge of broadcast video routing systems, signal distribution and processing, and installation and repair
- Knowledge of production systems including switchers, cameras, audio, multi-image displays, digital effects, graphics, and editing
- Sony and NewTek switchers, SSL and Wheatstone audio consoles and BitCentral Core, iTX, Adobe CC, Telestream and Signiant products, RTS and ClearCom intercom, Evertz EQX, VIP with Magnum control.
- Knowledge of satellite and compression systems (receivers, dish control systems, encoders, multiplexers, encryption and decryption equipment)
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to interact with all levels of people including management, peers, operators, and vendors
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Visio
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and work independently
- Capacity to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Experience as an engineer in live television or post-production environment
- Experience supporting cloud-based content management or OTT streaming
- VHF and UHF transmitter experience
Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited electronics school or college or possess equivalent experience in broadcast maintenance. Must be able to lift and carry forty-five (45) pounds and with equipment, traverse walking distances, up and down stairs, and rough terrain, to complete essential job functions. Must have a clean MVR and be willing to obtain a valid driver’s license. Ability to safely operate a four-wheel drive vehicle in inclement weather. All offers of employment are contingent on successfully passing the pre-employment drug screen and a full background check. Local travel, OT, weekends and holiday will be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.