OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com is looking for a Digital Production Assistant, Homepage to join our Homepage team. The Homepage team is ultimately responsible for the entire look of the Fox News and Fox Business websites. As a Digital Production Assistant, Homepage you will need to have a good visual eye, write headlines and utilize real-time analytics platforms for content placement on FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. Photoshop, Illustrator and prior experience working in a CMS are a plus, but we will train you if you do not have them!
You may be assigned one of the following shifts: Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs 6am-2pm (ET) or 2pm-10pm (ET)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write headlines for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com homepages for all content verticals
- Utilize real-time analytics tools to determine desired content placements
- Monitor live streams and press conferences for use on the FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com homepages
- Coordinate the presentation of still photos as well as montages/collages/photo illustrations and slideshows
- Have a creative and sharp eye to produce compelling photo montages and illustrations that can be used on both sites
- Seek out and identify compelling images from very large selection of wire service, news network and content partner content
- Create slideshows to capture important and compelling events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least one year working in daily breaking news environment
- Ability to work under deadline pressures with editors and reporters
- Willingness and ability to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Proven creative mind with a great eye for detail
NICE TO HAVE
- A college degree in journalism, graphic arts or other related discipline
- Photoshop, Illustrator and prior experience working in a CMS
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.