OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are looking for a highly motivated, pro-active Freelance Desk Assistant to join our Assignment Desk team at our headquarters in New York City. As a Desk Assistant you have exquisite editorial judgment and will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. Desk Assistants report directly to the Affiliate Manager and work closely with assignment editors, field producers and line producers, as well as other Fox News units, to integrate our coverage throughout all Fox News platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
- Communicate with officials and sources for editorial information
- Monitor both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
- Identify news video and soundbites for breaking news stories
- Acquire news material for use on FNC and our properties
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience is preferred
- Strong editorial judgement
- A passion for current and breaking events
- Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
- An interest in international news
- Ability to find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information
- A love for problem solving
- Willingness and ability to work any shift, any day of the week, including overnights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.