OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
KCPQ/KZJO in Seattle, WA is hiring for maintenance supervisor. The candidate will be responsible for day to day repair and maintenance of KCPQ/KZJO on-air product, equipment, studio production systems, building maintenance, at Seattle FOX Studio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly leads and manages the day to day engineering team to maintain the stations highest quality of distributed broadcast signals.
- Responsible for daily engineering task loading assignments with engineering staff to meet the weekly engineering plan deadlines and project completion schedule.
- Proactive management style to propose solutions to resolve issues with the entire station operation, always with the culture of protecting the integrity of our on air products and station operation.
- Responsible for leading the facilities maintenance of the studio location.
- Provide the day to day organizational spreadsheets and tools to continuously track tasks, projects, equipment, materials and supplies for the department.
- Supervise the maintenance engineers to build a team that excels with every assignment and provide management oversight to create and maintain the highest levels of engineering standards.
- Displays an upbeat, positive enthusiasm for the television station and its respective employees
- Must meet all deadlines on or before the completion dates
- Reports directly to the Director of Technology
- Oversees maintenance of ancillary equipment and operations, including station site generator, electrical switchgear, and building systems, as well as the responsibility of the FCC closed captioning, emergency crawls, EAS tests and alerts, Text to Speech requirements, CALM Act (loudness), Amber Alerts, pop-ups and local or national cut-ins.
- Responsible to stock, materials, parts, and supplies required for proper maintenance of all systems and the facility.
- Responsible for ongoing training and education of maintenance engineers and to transfer knowledge to the employees to support raising the standards.
- Responsible to assist in strategizing and developing the three-year capital plan with the Director of Technology
- Coordinates with other departments for proper maintenance of station equipment and scheduling. Responsible for equipment history logging for repairs and maintenance.
- Oversees maintenance of Webcams and ENG/SNG vehicles.
- Respond to emergencies whenever needed.
- Demonstrates responsibility for any and all equipment issued by FOX.
- Maintain professional communication and behavior at all times.
- Work varied hours, holidays, weekends, early mornings, late evenings, and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists Director of Technology during scheduled and non-scheduled hours.
- Ability to work non-schedule hours during breaking news or whenever an operational need arises for maintaining the highest quality of signals distributed by the station.
- Supervising maintenance engineering staff
College degree preferred. Minimum 3 years’ experience in television broadcast engineering or equivalent broadcast engineering knowledge and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.