OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to build and maintain cutting-edge distribution platforms for one of the premier national broadcasters. This role is part of our support team to ensure our content is readily available to viewers at any time via broadcast channel playout, Video OnDemand (VOD), and other media services.
At FOX, you will have full permission to bring your best tech game to invent and build technology that delivers a high- quality viewer experience to millions across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. The way we consume media has fundamentally changed. We watch on our laptops, phones, tablets, and TV. We stream, record and binge. Who knows what we’ll do next? You do – because you help build the technology to realize it!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as Tier 1 support for all on-air broadcast systems
- Follow standard operating procedures and documentation to support the operations team in a 24/7 environment
- Build and maintain FOX’s broadcast infrastructure
- Conduct lab, performance and system tests and prototype efforts that can continually evolve FOX’s architecture and infrastructure
- Support evaluation of solutions portfolio against third party offerings
- Support Media Operations in day-to-day operations and assist users with technical issues or concerns
- Partner with the Engineering and Standards & Advanced Technology teams to develop groundbreaking technology solutions for challenging business issues
- Collaborate with engineering teams, operations teams, and third-party vendors to develop long term strategy, product development and implementation road maps
- Knows data is critical to making informed business decisions and actually uses it to understand and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your already amazing team's performance
- Analyze dashboards and constantly optimizes system security and testing, minimizing bugs making it to final products
- Prioritize the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Level & Role Specific Qualification
- 3+ years hands on experience working in a broadcast or television facility
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and technical troubleshooting skills are essential
- Knowledge of major broadcast systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as routing, storage, graphics, transcoding, playout, master control, etc.
- Strong knowledge of asset management systems, file based workflows, media acquisition, trans-coding/encoding, and NAS/SAN technologies
- Familiarity with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms
- Experience with IP-based network technologies, virtual machines and database administration
- Ability to work effectively across different projects and teams
- Ability to work various shifts as part of a 24/7 coverage team
- Ability to translate business and operation requirements into technical requirements
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related Tech field
- Knowledge and experience with emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+ is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit and enjoy problem solving
- You LOVE getting stuff done, not just talking about it!
- You enjoy learning from and coaching others
- You embody a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- You are motivated by being part of a high performing team and delivering high quality products
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.