OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Here at Fox, we value work-life balance, meaning we are equally passionate about work and our personal life. The passion that we put into our work implements solutions that allow us to focus on our family and friends when outside of the workspace. And we are committed to building a team that collaborates and shares knowledge effectively through documentation and cross-training. We put careful thought into the environments we architect and build to ensure it's built for performance, durability, and sustainability.
New technologies are learned and taught, but qualities like curiosity and enthusiasm to learn and share is self-cultivated. Relevant responsibilities and technologies listed below are significant, but we are more interested in a clear demonstration of the values listed above. Join us as we build our Enterprise Data Assurance team!
We're looking for a passionate and dynamic Senior Storage Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Assurance team. You will provide on-site data storage, protection system deployment, and administration for Fox storage systems. You will have the opportunity to support purpose-built physical and virtual computing environments, architect for the enterprise, and lead activities related to the implementation and maintenance of data storage and protection environments.
This position will require seasonal weekend work hours (including Sundays) to support sports-related live broadcasts.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect, implement, maintain and troubleshoot enterprise-grade data storage and protection systems for structured and unstructured data
- Support problem identification, RCA and resolution; develop technical solutions
- Publish SOPs and document policies and procedures, governing the use and operation of Fox's domestic data storage and protection infrastructure
- Operate as a project manager and be responsive to ensure problems are addressed and resolved
- Build and maintain positive, cooperative relationships across IT Organizations, clients, resellers, and manufacturers
- Manage and maintain vendor/manufacturer relationships as our strategic partners (dell EMC, Brocade, PureStorage, NetAPP, Rubrik); hold them accountable for delivering services
- Collaborate with SME’s from various IT disciplines to form comprehensive solutions to meet or exceed design criteria specified by diverse business units
- Manage the data life-cycle and tiering strategies
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and the ability to work with high-performance Block Storage Systems (similar to Pure), FC Switching (similar to Brocade), File Storage Systems (similar to NetApp), Object Storage Systems (On-Premise and Public Cloud), and Archive Storage Systems (similar to Rubrik) in an enterprise environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5-7+ years of experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced industry (similar to Media and Entertainment) with the ability to balance and lead complex projects
- 5-7+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
- Experience virtualizing enterprise applications (SQL, ORACLE, Web servers, Load Balancers, etc.)
Experience with Block, File, Object, and Cloud-enabled data storage, tiering mobility, and availability systems and methods
Experience with archiving and familiarity with data protection, including CDP, snapshot, compression/dedup, replication, and traditional backup technologies
- Working knowledge of building Infrastructure as a Code with technologies like Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively understand, manage and diffuse high-pressure situations
- Team and customer service-oriented with the ability to work and interact effectively, both internally and externally, with goal-oriented people
- Strong organization skills; the ability to prioritize and produce high-quality work while managing multiple critical projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to adjust priorities to align to changing demands of business units
Nice To Have
- AWS SysOps Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Terraform Scripting (preferred) or CloudFormation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.