OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior SDVN (Software Defined Video Networking) Engineer who builds and maintains cutting-edge broadcast video networking platforms for one of the premier national broadcasters. This role collaborates with business teams to understand future growth plans and partners with leading technology vendors and service providers to create technology solutions that improve efficiency and create business value.
At FOX, you will have full permission to bring your best tech game to invent and build technology that delivers a high-quality viewer experience to millions across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships.
The way we consume media has fundamentally changed. We watch on our laptops, phones, tablets, and TV. We stream, record, and binge. Who knows what we’ll do next? You do – because you help build the technology to realize it!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Architecture & Engineering
- Provides critical advice and expertise to the broadcast engineering team when it comes to defining, building, and continually evolves FOX’s SDVN architecture and infrastructure
- Evaluates solutions portfolio against third party offerings
- Supports the transition to next-generation SMPTE 2110 compliant architectures and validates that new systems meet security and regulatory requirements
- Strategies hybrid cloud deployments, including on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Consults with FOX Sports, Entertainment and News and FOX executives to understand business and technical requirements
- Interfaces with the FOX MC&O (Monitoring, Control, & Orchestration) team to ensure that the SDVN deployment is adequately integrated with the monitoring and orchestration solution
- Partners with the Engineering and Standards & Advanced Technology teams to design and build groundbreaking technology solutions for challenging business issues
- Collaborates with engineering teams, operations teams, and third-party vendors to develop long term strategy, product development and implementation road maps.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Level & Role Specific Qualification
- 10+ years of hands-on experience being directly involved and responsible for large scale broadcast projects
- Strong analytical, reasoning, technical troubleshooting skills are essential
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of major broadcast systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as graphics, transcoding, playout, master control, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SDN deployments/solutions in a broadcasting environment (Evertz’s Magnum SDVN solution preferred)
- Knowledge of multi-domain architectures, including data center, WAN/LAN video routing & control systems
- Working knowledge of network monitoring tools/analyzers to effectively troubleshoot networking issues as it relates to video delivery
- Proven experience working with key technologies deployed in an IP centric broadcast facility (Multicast (including PIM routing), SMPTE-2110/2022-6/2022-7, PTP/timing (SMPTE-2059), DNS, public cloud (AWS preferred), video codecs (H.264, HEVC, JPEG XS), etc.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+
- Experience with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms that power the modern broadcasting environment
- Ability to work effectively across different projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate business and operation requirements into technical requirements
- Act as the next-tier support to Broadcast Engineers, providing more in-depth troubleshooting, resolution, and leadership
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related Tech field
- Knowledge of industry standards such as Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit and enjoy problem-solving
- You LOVE getting stuff done, not just talking about it!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.