OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
Fox News is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our New York Software Defined Network Engineering Team. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing top-layer support & maintenance to our large infrastructure Broadcast IP Router network in a 24/7 live news environment. You will work closely with multiple engineering teams and disciplines to assist in planning our transition to a highly resilient and scalable network supporting media workflows and live broadcast events.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of a team that will assist in planning our transition to the next generation of broadcast network infrastructure and IP technologies.
- Manage a large infrastructure IP-based video routing network for media and on-air broadcast systems.
- Assist in the design and support of network architectures for digital distribution of high-quality video content within the company and to vendors/partners.
- Participate in architectural reviews, design specifications, lab validations and vendor selections.
- Develop strategies for performance tuning and capacity planning for the IP-based video routing network.
- Use test equipment, monitoring tools and protocol analyzers to troubleshoot, diagnose and identify network anomalies and/or failing or failed networking components.
- Provide Tier 3/Escalation support to data networking equipment within the production environment.
- Create high quality diagrams and documentation for network design, implementation and support processes.
- Develop and document procedures and workflow processes for ongoing maintenance.
- Assist in the evaluation, test and recommendation of new infrastructure technology, tools and services recommended by different engineering teams in support of the IP-based video routing network.
- Perform qualification tests in a sandbox environment to validate performance and specification compliance prior to commissioning new components onto the network.
- Interface with vendors and manufacturers to research and address support issues, feature requests and create bug reports. Follow up as needed for problem resolution.
- Review Security notifications, from our corporate security group, vendors and/or management for any vulnerabilities found related to our production networking components and draft remediation plans.
- Periodically review network documentation to ensure both accuracy and completeness.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years working in large-scale networks, preferably for broadcast/media applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Proven record of accomplishment implementing large-scale network deployments and troubleshooting complex network problems.
- Experience with implementing and supporting Spine/Leaf network architectures.
- Experience with low-latency, route/switch environments.
- Experience with Arista and Cisco network switches is highly preferred.
- Preferred certification: Cisco CCNP, or equivalent Arista certification.
- Experience with Palo Alto next-gen firewalls (preferred).
- Experience with Network Management Systems (e.g. Dataminer) and analysis tools is desirable.
- Significant expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: IPv4, QoS, BGP, OSPF, TACACS, IPSEC &VPNs, Netflow, DNS, IEEE 802.1 and 802.3 standards, Virtual Port Channels.
- Desirable Experience: Multicast/PIM, SMPTE-2110, PTP/timing (SMPTE-2059), deep buffers, public cloud (AWS/Azure), IPv6, MPLS/LDP/RSVP-TE, Software Defined Video Networking (SDVN), Network Functions Virtualization, Programming (Python, Ruby, C#, C/C++).
- Experience with automation and scripting is desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.