OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Broadcast Engineering builds and maintains cutting-edge broadcast platforms for one of the premier national broadcasters. This role collaborates with business teams to understand future growth plans and partners with leading technology vendors and service providers to create technology solutions that improve eﬃciency and create business value.
At FOX, you will have full permission to bring your best tech game to invent and build technology that delivers a high- quality viewer experience to millions across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships.
The way we consume media has fundamentally changed. We watch on our laptops, phones, tablets, and TV. We stream, record and binge. Who knows what we’ll do next? You do – because you help build the technology to realize it!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Architecture & Engineering
- Manages a brilliant broadcast engineering team who builds, maintains and continually evolves FOX’s architecture and infrastructure
- Evaluates solutions portfolio against third party oﬀerings
- Supports the transition to next generation architectures and validates that new systems meet security and regulatory requirements
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Consults with FOX Sports, Entertainment and News and FOX executives to understand business and technical requirements
- Manages projects in collaboration with Media Operations team
- Partners with the Engineering and Standards & Advanced Technology teams to design and build groundbreaking technology solutions for challenging business issues
- Collaborates with engineering teams, operations teams, and third-party vendors to develop long term strategy, product development and implementation roadmaps
- Knows data is critical to making informed business decisions and actually uses it to understand and improve the eﬃciency and eﬀectiveness of your already amazing team's performance
- Analyzes dashboards and constantly optimizes system security and testing, minimizing bugs making it to ﬁnal products
- Prioritizes the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
People Management & Development
- Inspires a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- Champions career development programs to retain top talent
- Builds and motivates high performing teams to deliver high quality products
- Deliberately creates an environment that fosters the development of all-star team players
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Level & Role Speciﬁc Qualiﬁcation
- 5+ years hands on experience managing complex software design and development projects
- 3+ years managing a team
- Strong analytical, reasoning, technical troubleshooting skills are essential
- Strong communication skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience with production video and broadcast operations
- Knowledge of major broadcast systems and the vendors that supply them in areas such as graphics, transcoding, playout, master control, etc.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN video routing & control systems
- Familiarity with on-prem and cloud-based storage and compute infrastructure platforms that power the modern broadcasting environment
- Experience with IP routing & workﬂows (ST-2110/2022-6 etc)
- Ability to work eﬀectively across diﬀerent projects and manage teams of engineers
- Ability to translate business and operation requirements into technical requirements
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience in Engineering, IT, Computer Science or related Tech ﬁeld
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range, and HDR10+ is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards such as, Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You have an entrepreneur's spirit and enjoy problem solving
- You LOVE getting stuﬀ done, not just talking about it!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.