OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our growing team.
Our SRE team shapes the entire lifecycle of multi-disciplinary FOX technology initiatives, working closely with Developers, Backend Engineering teams, DevOps Team, Network Team and GNOC team to proactively identify opportunities for improvement, optimization, availability of applications, and jointly lead these initiatives to completion.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and performance optimization efforts
- Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability - provide deep technical guidance to development teams.
- Define and champion operational process and enforce structure, including documentation, training and runbooks, escalations, RCAs and post-mortems to ensure systems are well understood and work smoothly, and recover gracefully in case of unexpected failure.
- Identify areas of improvement and collaborate across teams on architecture changes.
- Mentor and support team members on production readiness and best practices.
- Manage deployment - optimize, monitor, and enhance content and delivery pipelines to enable development teams to release quickly and often.
- Develop software for the purposes of automating, monitoring and maintaining deployed infrastructure and services.
- Participate in Agile processes and ceremonies.
- Be able to learn to code in new languages.
- Respond to issues and escalations.
- Participate in on-call rotation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years relevant industry experience working on high-volume, high-availability applications
- Engaged technologist with a passion for experimentation and innovation with ideal background in Systems
- Engineering/Administration, DevOps, Software Engineering background.
- Data and process oriented individual, experienced with monitoring/data aggregation tools and platforms such as: Splunk, ScienceLogic, Moogsoft, New Relic
- Experience with modern open-source infrastructure services and concepts such as Redis, ElasticSearch, and NoSQL.
- Experience in at least one scripting language: Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl.
- Experience in software development with Go, Python and JVM languages in general.
- Experience in working with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools such as Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Experience in working with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Exposure to multi-region cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in managing distributed systems.
- Experience in working with Docker.
- Experience in working with Modern Operating systems and Storage Systems.
- Strong working knowledge of modern, agile software development principles, and microservice architectures.
- Experience in end-to-end test coverage and CICD best practices.
- Regular working hours and rotating on-call responsibility
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.