OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior Splunk Engineer who will work closely with the support teams performing hands-on development of solutions that provide insight and visibility to services and applications.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, administer, maintain and expand Splunk infrastructure to meet future architecture design and deployment requirements
- Design, implement and optimize Splunk applications (to include queries, knowledge objects and data models)
- Develop new dashboards, searches and alerts
- Perform advanced scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python
- Design and implement Customer Searches and reports
- Provide extensive knowledge of Splunk and train Splunk users on tool capabilities and innovations, when required.
- Implements and maintains Splunk platform infrastructure and configuration
- Undertakes day-to-day operational and user support
- Executes new projects as well as data and user onboarding
- Primary escalation for Splunk platform system-related assistance and troubleshooting
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years as a Splunk administrator
- 2+ years as a Splunk developer
- Expert or near-expert knowledge of a distributed Splunk installation - Multi-site Indexer Cluster, Search Head Cluster, Forwarders (Universal/Heavy), Deployer, Deployment Server
- Strong experience with installing, building and working with Splunk Apps and add-ons in a distributed cluster
- Strong experience with configuring HTTP Event Collector, Deployment Server and Deployer
- Experience with data on-boarding procedures, CIM compliance and data normalization techniques
- Familiar with Index-time and Search-time data parsing
- Strong knowledge of Splunk search language
- Knowledge of Splunk Best Practices, Workflows, and Processes
- Experience with automation of Splunk infrastructure configurations
- Proficient in Git or other source control platforms
- Experience configuring rsyslog/syslog-ng, and writing and using Regular Expressions
- Expert or near-expert skills with Python and shell scripting, as well as managing Linux servers.
- Experience tuning and configuring Splunk App for Enterprise Security (ES)
- B.S. in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science, or other evidence of exceptional ability.
- Strong working knowledge of the Splunk platform, including day-to-day administration of multi-site distributed Splunk environment.
- Ability to interface with a variety of teams and applications for data onboarding and normalization.
- Expert understanding of Splunk dashboards and Splunk alerts.
- User and group management within Splunk, as well as Splunk App & Add-on installation and configuration.
- Ability to manage data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization, configuration backups.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and access issues, as well as installation of Splunk upgrades throughout our clustered environment.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams, while also collaborating with other team members on standard processes and technology roadmaps.
- Respond to and resolve support requests in timely fashion, while balancing project timelines and other responsibilities.
- Be a great team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to quickly prioritize various projects, tickets, and incidents in a fast-moving organization.
You will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing: sizing for data storage, index strategies, ingesting/indexing processes, transforming/normalizing data to common standards, enriching data upon ingest and upon querying, creating queries against large scale data sets, and developing visualizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.