OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for an Media Cloud, Executive Director, responsible for maintaining operational excellence and rigor within the Media Services portfolio of applications and services. The role will oversee the Media Services DevOps and Engineering groups, tasked with building, maintaining, and improving upon CICD pipelines, automation harnesses, and various technical solutions that allow the organization to provide services to Fox Corp divisions, customers, and affiliates.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive innovation and strategy, evaluate and execute technology initiatives in support of Media Services goals and customers
- Partner with Media Services leadership to define roadmaps and drive technology initiatives to support business growth and transformation and to expand and augment the organization’s portfolio of applications and services
- Manage relationships with other technical groups, IT shared services organizations and their leadership
DevOps and Engineering
- Lead and manage the Media Services engineering team in integrating disparate technologies to build solutions that address technical needs identified by the lines of business supported by the Media Services group
- Liaise with external technical teams and vendors, as required, to build solutions that solve technical problems
- Evaluate the Media Services solutions portfolio against third party offerings. Identify new technologies, processes, and practices that can improve upon existing solutions, and champion adoption in the organization
- Lead and manage the Media Services DevOps team to build, maintain, and improve upon CICD pipelines, automation harnesses, and workflows for getting products out to production quickly and in a predictable manner
- Drive the adoption of best practices in technical operations to measure and maintain quality of service for applications and services in the Media Services portfolio
- Responsible for the operational integrity of the technologies, systems, software, and services provided by Media Services
- Responsible for operationalizing new technologies, systems, and services through automated processes
- Managing service disruptions and planned outages with internal and external technical teams, ensuring proper communications and timely execution to minimize disruptions to customers and business impact
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering. Advanced degree in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of proven technology management experience with a strong background in software development, application management, technical operations, engineering, and cloud technologies
- Minimum 10 years program/project management experience in managing and delivering major technology initiatives (preferred experience managing $5M+ threshold)
- Deep knowledge of financial aspects of billing and accounting
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.